Queries about the automatic approval expiration feature:
1. Is the approval workflow selected launched automatically after the time period?
2. What version of the process is sent for approval , the last published version or the latest version?
3. What happens to the current published version, is it revoked?
1. You configure which workflow should be started when the diagram expires and then it is started automatically.
2. The re-approval workflow is triggered with the same revision that was approved and that just now expired. The workflow is not started if there is already a newer revision which was approved or if there is an approval running at the same time (as it is obsolete).
3. Publishing and re-approval are rather independent. There is no automatic un-publish.
KBA , BPI-SIG-CA-AWF , Approval Workflow for SAP Signavio , How To