You have imported some data using data workbench and even though the file had X records, much more records are shown as processed and created in the system.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Data Workbench Work Center.
- Enter Import View.
- Select any object and method.
- Click next.
- Upload your file.
- Click on Next until last screen.
- Click on Import data.
- Go to Monitor View.
- Check your created task.
Result: Even though the file had 10 records, for example, the monitor shows 50 records processed. If you check in the system additional records were created.
This can occur when the user selects the rows and deletes through keyboard. This deletes the records but keeps the empty rows. You can confirm this is the cause by following below steps:
- Open the file used for the import with Notepad or other text editor.
- Check the rows.
- You should find rows filled with "," commas. These rows are responsible for the additional records created in the system.
- Open the Excel file.
- Select the rows to be deleted.
- Right click.
- Delete the empty rows.
You could delete directly from the text editor as well.
Excel, Records, Empty, Row, Data Workbench, Import , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-DWB , Data Workbench , How To