This knowledge article is created to help opening a complete and clear incident regarding problems with Approval Workflows in SD Sales and the Manage Sales Document Workflows Fiori application.
You may encounter one of the below troubles and need to open an incident with SAP Product Support.
Providing all the relevant information will help processing the incident efficiently by SAP.
Possible problem scenarios:
- Sales document is not 'In approval' status, but configuration is in place
- Sales document is not triggering an approval request
- Sales document is 'In approval' status, but it does not show up in the My Inbox app
- Approval request reason is missing from the sales document
- Can't find the workflow for my sales document type (e.g. return order) in Manage Sales Document Workflows app
- There was an error or something unexpected occurred while processing a sales document relevant for approval workflow
- No work item is being created, event linkage, triggering workflow
- No data shown for work item in My Inbox app
- Release step doesn't change approval status in sales document, sales document stuck 'In approval'
- Rework step is not triggering follow-up action
- Reject step doesn't change the status in sales document
- You are having trouble maintaining the configuration in Manage Sales Document Workflows Fiori app
- You are having trouble maintaining the configuration in Manage Teams and Responsibilities app
- You are having trouble processing the approval requests in My Inbox Sales Documents app
- Problems with agent assignments (no agent found, incorrect/too many agents found)
- Authorization issues
- Understanding of SD approval processes, expectation vs. standard design
- SAP S/4HANA
- SAP Support Incident creation
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.