After importing Business Content from the SAP Content Network, some of the content may not be visible to the end user or may not appear to have been imported. No errors were reported when the import job was run and the option "Overwrite objects and data" was selected . This issue most commonly occurs with connections.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2022.1.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Import some Business Content from the SAP Content Network
- Go look at the list of connections / stories / models and note that some of the content is missing.
This can happen if the content was previously imported by another user. Unless that other user has shared the content with other users, then the other users will not see the content and they will not be able to overwrite it. This can happen because much of the business content can use the same connections or models.
- Business Content #1 is imported by User #1. This Business Content contains Connection A, Connection B, Model C, Model D, and Story E
- Business Content #2 is imported by User #2. This Business Content contains Connection A, Connection F, Model C, Model G, and Story H
After User #2 has finished their import job, they will only see Connection F, Model G, and Story H. In addition if they try to run the Story - it will fail because it requires all the connections and models.
To resolve this issue, you need a user with an Admin role (BI Admin or BI Planning Admin) to import the business content. When they import the content, they need to select the options "Overwrite objects and data" and check the "Remove Permissions" option.
This will allow the admin user to overwrite the model / connection / story which was owned by the other user. The admin user can then share the content with the desired users.
- Doing this will remove any customization that the other user has done to the model / connection / story and may cause the other business content installed by the other user to break. You should only select this option if you do not know which other user installed the original business content. (There is no way currently within SAC to know who owns a particular object if you cannot see the object)
- You may wish to re-run the import a second time after with the "Remove Permissions" option unselected. This will allow any particular permissions set in the business content to be applied.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped, sap analyst cloud, https://hcs.cloud.sap, https://hanacloudservices.cloud.sap, https://cloudanalytics.accounts.ondemand.com, https://hanacloudservices-us.accounts.ondemand.com, https://www.sap.com, https://help.sap.com, predictive analytics (analysis), data analysis (analytics) tools, analytics tools, sap analytics cloud, data literacy, advanced analytics, data democratization, analytics software, real time analytics, self service analytics, advanced data analytics, analytics as a service, analytics cloud / cloud analytics, saas analytics, cloud bi, enterprise planning, cloud data analytics, cloud based analytics, analytics cloud platform, modern analytics, real time analysis, cloud analytics solution(s), what is sap analytics cloud, cloud analytics tools, analytics in the cloud, cloud analytics software , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , LOD-ANA-ACN , SAC Content Network , Problem