- "Columns cannot be matched!" while linking Date Dimensions in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
- Browser-Based Data blending between Live Model (based on SAP BW) and Import/Acquired Model.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
- SAP Business Warehouse
- SAP BW/4HANA
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to SAC.
- Create an Import/Acquired Model based e.g. on CSV file where Date Dimension is defined.
- Create a Live Model base on BW direct connection where Date Dimension has DataType = DATS.
- Create a Story.
- Try to create Linked Dimensions between the Date Dimensions => error message: "Columns cannot be matched!"
- Product limitation.
- BW/S4 Live Model and Acquired Model on Date Dimension is not supported since Data type mismatch.
- For more details, please see SAP Wiki: SAP Analytics Cloud Support Matrix
=> topic Link Models (aka 'Blending'. Multiple data sources within a single visualisation):
"D) Blending of date dimensions with BW is currently not supported."
- An enhancement request is already opened for the topic: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/260616
- Please, review and vote for it, that you wish to support and plan to take advantage of in your organization. Note: You will be notified on updates regarding ideas you have voted for.
- Workaround: Create one String Dimension in BW models equivalent to the Date Type, then link with Acquired model with same String type and Data blending will be possible.
This document and SAP‘s strategy and possible future developments are subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice.
This document is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped, sap analyst cloud, https://hcs.cloud.sap, https://hanacloudservices.cloud.sap, https://cloudanalytics.accounts.ondemand.com, https://hanacloudservices-us.accounts.ondemand.com, https://www.sap.com, https://help.sap.com, predictive analytics (analysis), data analysis (analytics) tools, analytics tools, sap analytics cloud, data literacy, advanced analytics, data democratization, analytics software, real time analytics, self service analytics, advanced data analytics, analytics as a service, analytics cloud / cloud analytics, saas analytics, cloud bi, enterprise planning, cloud data analytics, cloud based analytics, analytics cloud platform, modern analytics, real time analysis, cloud analytics solution(s), what is sap analytics cloud, cloud analytics tools, analytics in the cloud, cloud analytics software , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES-COR , SAC Core story functionality - widgets, geo, design, etc , Problem