After adding a new contact in an opportunity, you see an empty entry with role Account showing in the Involved Parties tab.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work centres.
- Go to the Opportunities view.
- Open an editable opportunity.
- In the Contacts facet, add an existing contact using the Add button.
- The contact will be added successfully.
- Go to Involved Parties Tab.
- One empty entry with Role Account shows up.
The contact you added has no account maintained/ maintained yet.
That there's an empty Account in the Involved Parties is normal, if no Account is given; the Contacts are stored 'below' this Account. The system expects the contact to have an account connection.
Technically, the contacts are stored as „Contacts to the Account” which means, that the Account entry is the anchor for the contacts. It’s mandatory. At least it's mandatory, if you have contacts.
However, here we have the BO Opportunity which should be related to a concrete prospect/account.
It’s very uncommon, that the Prospect/Account remains empty for a longer period of time. Usually it’s filled very early in the processing (if not THE first entry).
The empty line for account is expected system behaviour in this case.
empty, missing, line, Involved Parties , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , How To