Any external candidate who has account with "Gmx", "Web.de" and "t-online.de" hits "Reply" from phone/iPhone using any web browser (Google Chrome/Safari), to any manual Email sent by recruiter, the Recruiter's e-mail address(Reciepient's Email address) changes to "email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org".
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create Candidate account with any of the 3 mailing services "Gmx", "Web.de" and "t-online.de".
- Add this candidate to the system using "Add candidate" or "Add Referral" or Candidate itself create a Candidate profile, using the e-mail address from any of the listed mailing services.
- Forward this candidate to any Job Requisition.
- Send a manual Email to the forwarded candidate from Message Center.
- Candidate sees an e-mail from the recruiter in their inbox.
- When candidate Hits "Reply" to this Email using the phone/iPhone from any web browser (example, Google chrome or Safari), the Reciepient Email address (Recruiter's Email) changes to "email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org".
- This Email is never recieved to the recruiter.
This does not happen when the candidate replies to the same e-mail using Desktop computer/Laptop because “TO” in the e-mail is filled by “Reply-To” that was in the e-mail, hence the e-mail is sent out correctly to the recruiter.
This happens because clicking on the “reply” button does NOT take the value from the “Reply-To”, but the value on the “From” which is "email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org", and this is the reason so many emails from the candidates are getting lost.
The issue is with the mobile implementation of the "gmx.com", "Web.de" and "t-online.de" web e-mail client, not with SAP Successfactors.
Customer needs to raise concern with the mailing services whose mobile implementation is causing this issue.
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Email, External candidate, Phone, iPhone, Web browser , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-EML , Recruiting Emails and Notifications , Problem