- What's new in the H1 2022 release related to Role-Based Permissions Enhancement ?
- What is the Latest Role-Based Permissions and how it looks?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
Steps to reproduce :
Login to instance-> Admin Center-> Manage Permission Roles -> you can see the new button "Switch to the Latest Role-Based Permissions".
User should have RBP admin rights
The latest Role-Based Permissions is the newest version of the RBP experience.
As an RBP administrator, you can now use the newest version of the RBP experience, the latest Role-Based Permissions, under Admin Center-> Manage Permission Roles -> Switch to the Latest Role-Based Permissions.
In addition to a new look and feel, the latest version introduces the new concept of a role assignment. Role assignment defines the relationship between the access user and its target population within the role.
1.Login to instance-> Admin Center-> Manage Permission Roles -> Click on "Switch to the Latest Role-Based Permissions".
2. You get the new Look and Feel of the latest version of Role-Based permissions. Click on “Create “at the right-hand panel of the window.
3. You can now add the basic information for the role that you are creating.
- Name of the Role and the description
- User type is Employee - while creating a role you get an option to select user type as: “Employee”.
Please note that In the Legacy RBP, we will support all the external users, in group and role. But in the Latest RBP, we do not support external users in B2205 release, this will be supported in the future. So here it just shows “Employee” as User Type.
Note : "RBP-only" indicates that the role is only accessible to RBP administrators for permissions-related features. Other features such as home page can’t reuse this role.
4. Next step is to add the permissions for the role that you are creating. This is the new look & feel in 1H 2022 release. Please specify what permissions users of this role should have and click on next.
5. Preview gives you the overall view of the configurations you have done to double-check the information that you have defined and to save them. You will receive a successful pop-up message stating that you have created a permission role and to continue assigning this role. Click on yes to assign a role.
6. Now we are performing Role Assignments to the user that was created. Update the Basic Information such as
- Target population user type as: “Employee”
- Status (if active or inactive):
and hit the Next button.
7. Grant access or assign role to user or group of users with conditions. Access can be given to Employee, HR Managers, Managers etc.
You can also select a standard group and grant the same access to managers (level up) and click on next.
8. Next step is to define a target population for the Role Assignment. You can choose Everyone or again you can choose the standard groups from the list, and you make use of the option: “Exclude granted users from having the same access to themselves. “
9. Preview gives you the overall view of the configurations that you have done to double check the information that you have defined and to save them and click on save.
10. You are in the page of viewing the Role that you have created. In the latest Role-Based Permissions, the assignment name, description, and the last modified fields of the role assignment is displayed newly.
11. Switch back to Legacy Role-Based permissions with a single click.
Configuration Requirements: In the latest Role-Based Permissions, the assignment name, description, and the last modified fields of the role assignment fail to sync in certain cases. For more information, see the "Sync Artifact for Role-Based Permission Roles" in "Related Information". Sync Artifact for Role-Based Permission Roles
sf, success factors, home page , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT ,LOD-SF-PLT-RBP , Platform Foundational Capabilities , How To, Latest Role-Based Permissions , Manage Permission Roles, Latest Role Based Permissions , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-RBP , Role Based Permissions , Product Enhancement