- Switch first and last color displays wrong colors.
- Different colors shows in the palette after switching the first and last color.
- In SAP Analytics Cloud, in a Chart, when clicking on "Switch first and last color" to change the color order in the palette, it does not reverse the colors order, instead, it displays different colors.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- In SAP Analytics Cloud, create a Story.
- Insert a Chart
- In the Builder pane, under "Color", notice the color order.
- Click on "Switch first and last color"
- Notice the colors are different, instead of being reversed.
- The option to switch the first and last color does switch the colors, but it appear to not reverse the color order because the palettes contain more than 9 colors, in most cases 18, but the user interface is limited to only display the first 9 colors.
- This is a product limitation with how the colour palettes and number of colors currently visible works. Each palette is currently limited to display a total of 9 colours, but each palette actually have more than 9 colors. In most cases, the palette contains 18 colors. Therefore, when clicking on the button to switch the first and last color, it appears to completely show a different color palette, but it is actually showing the colors at the end of the color pallette that were not initially visible due to the user interface only showing the first 9 colors.
When viewing the Color Palette it displays:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
but in reality the palette may have more colors, like:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
of which, the colours 10 to 18 are not visible.
When you then switch the first and last color, what it end up displaying is the color:
18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10
Which is the last 9 colours, of the palette, and then the first colors, 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1, are not visible.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem
SAP Analytics Cloud 1.0