- Fields 'Created On' and 'Created By' updated with values 00/00/0000 and blank respectively when using API API_PRODUCT_SRV to extend a Product
- Change Documents in the app 'Display Change Documents' for a Material show field "Created On" overwritten with New Value : 0000-00-00
- API API_PRODUCT_SRV , Entity A_PRODUCT returns field CreationDate as Null when using GET Request
- API API_PRODUCT_SRV , Entity A_PRODUCT returns field CreatedByUser as "" when using GET Request
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Master Data
Reproducing the Issue
- Use the API API_PRODUCT_SRV , Entity A_Product to create a Product with Basic Data views using the Method POST
- Use the API API_PRODUCT_SRV , Entity A_Product to extend the same Product with other views ( for example to_ValuationCosting , to_ProductStorage , to_StorageLocation ) using the Method POST
- Check the 'Created On' and 'Created By' fields in the Display Material App
POST requires users to send complete data. The payload sent contains partial data which is incorrect
The Payload passed Using POST on a deep entity is considered as complete data.
If you want to do partial update on an entity, Please use PATCH Request.
ERSDA , ERNAM , MARA , 0000-00-00 , to_ProductSupplyPlanning , to_PlantQualityMgmt , to_PlantMRPArea , KBA , LO-MD-MM , Material Master , LO-MD-FIO-MM , Fiori UI for Product Master , Problem
SAP S/4HANA Cloud all versions