- Hierarchy Nodes that have no data are grayed out.
- Story Filter showing all the values, instead of only the values that have data.
- In SAP Analytics Cloud with multiple Page Filters, using the Cascading Effect, does not filter the values out in the other Page Filter. When the Page Filter is based on a Dimension with a Hierarchy, it instead show all the values, with some of the values grayed out.
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- In SAP Analytics Cloud, create a Story.
- Add one Page Filter based on a Dimension.
- Add a second Page Filter based on a Dimension with a Hierarchy.
- Viewing the Story, and select a value for the first Page Filter.
- When selecting the second Page Filter based on a Dimension with a Hierarchy, notice it is showing a couple of gray nodes.
Those nodes does not have values associated with it, and therefore cannot be selected.
The expectation is to only see the nodes that have relevant values, and not seeing any grayed out nodes.
- By design, Page Filter based on a Dimension with a Hierarchy will show the nodes that have no values as grayed out, when the option "Cascading Effect" is checked for the Page Filter.
- Since there is no data for those values, it is grayed out to avoid selecting those values in the hierarchy, and returning no data in the Story.
- To show the relevant values only, set the Page Filter to not use a Hierarchy, by setting the Dimension Hierarchy to use a Flat presentation.
- In SAP Analytics Cloud, open your Story.
- In the toolbar, click on "Edit" ( Located on the upper right corner )
- Click on the Page Filter based on the Dimension using a Hierarchy, and select "Edit Filter..."
- In the window "Set Filters for ... ", under "Available Members", click on the down arrow to show more options.
- For the option "Show Hierarchy", select: "Flat presentation"
- Check the option "All Members"
- Click "OK"
- Save your Story.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem
SAP Analytics Cloud 1.0