You create Customer Project and execute Revalue for it. In the Revenue Recognition explanation log, you find there is value in category "Plan (not to be capitalized, not POC relevant)". It's not clear why the value happened.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Open project with app Revenue Recognition (Event-Based) (2) Projects
- Click "Revalue" button
- In the popup screen, click button "Explain Simulation"
- In the next screen, find value in category "Plan (not to be capitalized, not POC relevant)"
- You have planned value for the project. During creation of the project, the relevant planned costs are created and saved into database table.
You can verify the costs with app Projects - Baseline/EAC/Ongoing. You can also verify the accounts used in the same app.
The relevant account determination configuration can be seen from SSCUI 101306 Define Expenses.
- The revenue recognition will check the posted value in the plan data and make relevant EBRR postings according to the EBRR configuration (SSCUI 102530 Maintain Settings for Event-Based Revenue Recognition).
In the configuration of Assign Sources and Posting Rules, you can find there is "202 :Cost without Revenue Recognition Processing" in column Usage.
Then in the same line, you can find the source (for example YM0).
You can then find the YM0 in the Sources configuration (in the tree structure). You will find how it's determined by click subtree "Assign Cost Elements and Accounts".
- It means the account used in point 1 is defined in the customizing of point 2, so with the Posting Rule defined, it will go to category "not POC relevant".
This is standard design.
If this value is not as expected, you should adjust the configuration.
Revenue Recognition, revalue, simulation, plan, POC relevant. , KBA , CO-PC-OBJ-EBR , Event-Based Revenue Recognition , Problem
SAP S/4HANA Cloud all versions