User is using SAC Add-in for Office in Mac laptop.
After the logon to SAC, there is no error message and the design panel is shown. The user can even add a table, but the buttons in ribbon remain disabled.
This issue can also happen when using existing workbooks. In this case, the user is able to use the Designer/Builder panel without issues (e.g. move dimensions from rows to columns), but the ribbon buttons remain disabled.
SAP Analytics Cloud, add-in for Microsoft Office
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAC from SAC add-in for Office in Mac laptop;
- Confirm the logon works, it is possible to add a table and the design panel is shown;
- Confirm that the buttons in ribbon are disabled - like when the user is not logged in;
The issue might be related to old Add-in manifest.
- Clear the add-in cache of MS Excel, refering to section "6. Clear the add-in cache" -> "Excel for Mac" as described in chapter "Tenant Configuration".
If path "/Users/<user>/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Excel" does not exist, check path "/Users/<user>/Library/Containers/Microsoft Excel".
The rest of the path should be the same (i.e. "/Data/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/16.0/Wef").
- Restart MS Excel;
- Install/add the SAC add-in again in order to have the latest version;
logging, menu, disabled, greyed out , KBA , LOD-ANA-OF , SAP Analytics Office , LOD-ANA-OF-MS , SAP Analytics Cloud, add-in for Microsoft Office , Problem
SAP Analytics Cloud, add-in for Microsoft Office all versions