- The customer added a Custom String field in Employee Person Type in the employmentInfo HRIS entity is showing as non-mandatory even though it has been set as mandatory.
- An error is being received when cancelling an onboarding process for a candidate, saying that the value for a required field cannot be null.
- When setting up the field in Manage Business Configuration, a pop-up message is presented saying that the same attribute will be applied in employmentInfo_Onboardee person type. See the image below:
ERROR Prompted when setting a different attribute for the Onboardee Person Type in employmentInfo:
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Manage Business Configuration
- Add a custom string field in employmentInfo HRIS entity
- Configure an Onboardee Person Type
- Set the field as non-mandatory in the main data model.
- A message will be prompted saying "the ONBORDEE Data model is not consistent. The custom string should be enabled and mandatory in employmentInfo_Onboardee, as this field in employmentInfo is enabled and mandatory".
- Don't save and leave it as mandatory.
- Cancel an onboarding process for a candidate.
- Unable to cancel and root cause will be due to a required field has a 'null' value.
The system is working as designed.
- This is the expected behavior for employmentInfo hris entity.
The workaround is to make the field non-mandatory and configure a rule to throw an error on the EC side if the value is not provided.
The fix of the onboarding cancellation issue caused by this is tracked with the following enhancement ticket ECT-133383.
Since this ticket ECT-133383 is an enhancement, we have no information yet on when this will be deployed. You may have this posted via the Influence Portal to track the progress of the enhancement.
ECT-133383, employmentInfo, HRIS, Onboardee Person Type, Onboardee Data Model, Main Data Model, Cancel Onboarding, Onboarding, Onboarding 2.0, Employee Central, Manage business configuration, BCUI, EC, ONB 2.0, ONB2 , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-EC , Integration EC - MPH, Hire , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem