- Unable to 'Mark as Complete' the Goals in Objective Engagement Card from 'For You Today' Tile of Latest Home Page
- Error is displayed: 'An application error occurred. Please try again later, or copy the below error information and send it to your support group if the issue keeps occurring' when completing the goals in objective engagement card
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors Goal Management
- SAP SuccessFactors Succession & Development
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Latest Home Page;
- Click on "Mark as Complete" in Objective Engagement Card;
- Error is displayed 'An application error occurred. Please try again later, or copy the below error information and send it to your support group if the issue keeps occurring
- Click on "Show Error" link to get more details about the error:
externalMessage=Unable to save objective.
externalDetailMessage=There is an error on field Start date. The date must be within the time frame defined in the goal plan template.
The start/end date of the goal is not within the timeframe defined in the goal plan template. For example, if the Goal Plan template has a start date on 01/01/2022 and an end date on 31/12/2022, but the goal is configured with start date on 01/01/2021 and end date on 31/12/2021, they are not matching and the error will appear.
Edit the start/end date of the goal in order to match the timeframe defined in the Goal Plan Template?
- Open the Goal Plan;
- Click to edit the goal;
- Edit the start/end date according to the timeframe defined in the Goal Plan Template.
Alternatively, you can edit the start/end date of the Goal Plan Template so it will match the dates defined in the goals.
In the above example, if you change the start date of the Goal Plan Template to 01/01/2021 and let the end date as 01/01/2022, all the goals from 2021 to 2022 will match the Goal Plan Template and the error will not be shown.
In order to edit the start/end date of the Goal Plan Template:
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Templates;
- Click on Goal Plan tab;
- Select the affected Goal Plan;
- Go to General Settings;
- Edit the start/end date.
UXR_TGM_GOAL_INVALID_PLAN_START_DUE_DATE_RANGE, unable to save objective, An application error occurred, mark as complete, objective engagement card, goal engagement card, engagement card, latest homepage, For you Today, error, development goal plan , KBA , LOD-SF-GM-POD , Home Page, Pods and Portlets, To Do List , Problem