When you maintain the warehouse product master data with APP manage product master data, the field Storage Section Indicator help value is not expected. You expect the value list is from customizing Define Storage Sections.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud System All Version
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to APP "Manage Product Master Data", enter product number and go to detail page.
- Switch to "Warehouse Management - Warehouse" tab, select the warehouse entry.
- Switch to "Putaway" tab, click the value help button for field "Storage Section Indicator" with edit mode.
- The list are like for example A000, A001, A002...
- Go to customizing Define Storage Sections, the storage sections are like 0010,0011,0012....
The storage section indicators are defined at customizing Create Storage Section Indicators. The putaway behavor is controlled by product master data storage section indicator instead of storage section directly.
The mapping is maintained at customizing Maintain Storage Section Search Sequence for storage section indicators and storage sections.
Storage Section Indicator Sequence No. Storage section
A000 1 0010
A001 1 0011
A002 1 0012
The behaviour in the APP Manage Product Master Data works as designed.
product master data, putaway, warehouse, storage section indicator, storage section, storage type, search sequence , KBA , SCM-EWM-MD-2CL , Master Data (Public Cloud) , SCM-EWM-WOP , Warehouse Order Processing , Problem