Rehire on New Employment Master KBA
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
You can use the rehiring process to rehire an employee who left the organization. You can onboard a rehire which the system detects as a part of rehire verification. The details like employment record, person information, and so on, for the employee to be rehired are taken from Employee Central, while initiating onboarding from Recruiting Management and Applicant Tracking System.
Configuration Steps :
- Permissions to Perform Rehire Verification
- Configuring Rehire Check
- Configuring a Business Rule to Assign Responsible Group for Rehire Check
- Overview of IDs and Changes During Rehire Process
- Configuring a Business Rule for New Employment on Legal Entity Updates
- Rehire Process Overview
Q1: Rehire candidate has been triggered from RCM but they did not land in the Rehire Verification Tile
- Go to Manage Data > Hire/Rehire Configuration > Enable the Rehire Match with the necessary conditions
- Go to Manage Onboarding Dynamic Group > Under SAP_ONB2_REHIRECOORDINATOR, the users responsible to perform Rehire Verification should be present
- BPE Service User should have the following RBP Permissions:
- Go to the respective RBP Role which through which the user gets the RBP permissions to rehire a candidate
- Under Manage Recruits/Manage Hires, the following RBP Permissions are required to ensure that the First Rehire Check is triggered
- Rehire Inactive Employee
- Rehire Inactive Employee (by 'match' in New Hire)
- Rehire Inactive Employee with New Employment
- Rehire Inactive Employee with New Employment (by 'match' in New Hire)
Q2: External User unable to login to the external user instance
- When the candidate is Rehire with New Employment, the candidate will have to login using the Primary Email as the candidate will have New UserId, Username, etc.
- The new hires can reset the password and then logon to the application to complete the personal and additional paperwork. When onboarding as a new hire, the login name is the email address.
- When onboarding as rehire, login name is the old username. This is sent in the welcome email that gets sent again after new hire data review, in case of second rehire check.
Q3: The hiring manager or the participants of the rehire process perform the rehire verification for the new hire. When the candidate has completed the Personal Data Collection task, the record reappears in the Perform Rehire Verification tile in the hiring manager's homepage.
- This is an expected system behavior. The Rehire feature for Onboarding comprises of two verification tasks.
- During the first rehire check, the data that has been collected (either from ATS or manual initiate) can be used for rehire verification. At this stage, limited information about the candidate is available to run the rehire check. At times, these details are not sufficient to decide whether the candidate is a rehire or not, as multiple candidates can exist with the same name. Hence, a second rehire check is executed and performed after the Personal Data Collection step is completed.
Q4: Initiated Onboarding Process for a candidate through Manual Onboarding, the Rehire Verification did not appear.
- This is Standard Behaviour as per the Product Design. When the candidate is not initiated from RCM the candidate will skip the first rehire check and the second rehire check will be triggered only after the Personal Data Collection is triggered
- If the candidate is hired as a rehire post the second rehire check, then the candidate will have to complete the New Hire Data Review and Personal Data Collection once again with the previous details merged with the existing details
- The candidates Username will remain the same as the previous employment record
- But if the customer initiates the candidate through ATS, with the help of the implementation partner, they can trigger the first rehire check to avoid completing New Hire Data Review and Personal Data Collection twice
- 3080831 - [Onboarding] When is a candidate eligible for Rehire?
- 3030833 - [Onboarding] Rehire Checks if RCM is not available
- 3030856 - [Onboarding] Skip/Reconfigure Second Rehire Check
- 3032103 - [Onboarding] What RBP permissions are required to perform Rehire Verification
- 3099039 - [Onboarding] How to skip Rehire Verification Process in Onboarding without impacting EC?
- 3076573 - [Onboarding] Rehire Behaviour when candidate becomes an active user in the system
- 3025066 - [ONB 2.0] Rehire flow using manual onboarding feature
- 3046897 - [Onboarding] Error in BPE Tile during Rehire : "Username already exists"
- 3123428 - [Onboarding] Rehire with dependent info in custom format throwing NumberFormatException Error
- 3156994 - [Onboarding] Data Flow is incorrect for Rehires after Personal Data Collection
KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-RHM , Rehire Mechanism , Problem