DRTM Onboarding Purge and Inactive User Purge
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
DRTM Onboarding Purge
Process and user data purge deletes all the Onboarding data for a particular candidate but skips purging data in EC table if the ONB2Process is completed because that user is hired and EC will be owner of that data. If the ONB2Process is Cancelled and user status is ‘d’ i.e. Inactive External user then this purge request will delete EC data as Onboarding is the owner of data.
Below are the detailed steps to follow for a successful Onboarding Data Purge:
How to Configure:
- To Configure the Data Retention Time for Onboarding data we need to add DRTM Onboarding Purge object to the instance. This object allows you to configure data retention time for following types of data:
Process and User Data- Master Purge. Complete Onboarding Process data.
Tasks/Activities- Onboarding task related data
Data Collection Extension- Custom MDF object data
Documents- Documents attached as part of Onboarding Process like Custom Data Collection
Add this object to the instance following these steps:
Admin Center -> Upgrade Center -> Optional Upgrade -> DRTM Onboarding upgrade
- To perform the purge operation we need to provide the mandatory permissions to the responsible user roles. There are two such permissions:
Permission for configuring retention config for DRTM Onboarding Purge object
Permission for creating purge request and view report
Note: If all the permissions above has been provided and DRTM Onboarding Purge is still not showing in Select Purge request, please run the following:
a. Perform MDF Object to DB Sync job
b. Perform OData API Refresh in Admin Center
c. Perform RBP Refresh in Provisioning
If you could not perform the above steps, please reach out to Support so that they can carry out this for you.
- Next step is to configure Data Retention Time config for Onboarding Purge objects. There are four types of data that can be purged using DRTM Onboarding Purge object and we can configure the Data Retention Time for the same. Two types of Time Configurations are supported:
Time Configuration for Country/Region-Based Data Retention- For the countries for which DRM flag is enabled we can configure the Retention Period
Time Configuration for Legal Entity-Based Data Retention- Specific to company or legal entity within a country
Important Points to note:
1. Since ONBOARDEE_DATA is Master Purge option to purge all the data related to the process in Onboarding, before configuring retention time config for this you need to configure retention time for other categories otherwise validation messages will pop-up and will not allow to configure the Retention Time for this category.
2. Process Type can be Onboarding or Offboarding
3. Status supported for purge are only Cancelled or Completed
4. For Cancelled Status, retention period is considered post cancellation date. For Completed Status, retention period is considered post start date
5. Retention Period can be in Months or Years
- Creating Purge Request and Approving
For Creating a Purge Request move to Data Retention Management in Admin Center and select Create New Purge Request
Note: Single user search shows both Active and Inactive users. The list of users in single user search is Platform driven it is not related to ONB2Process status. It might include users with open process status as well but such users will be excluded in Preview Report and cannot be purged even if selected for the purge request. If a user with cancelled or completed status does not show in single user search then such users can be purged using Upload a list of users (by User ID or Assignment ID). Download the example purge criteria document and add the User ID or Assignment ID of the user as shown below
For Approving/Declining a purge request move to Purge Request Monitor in Admin Center
- Based on the Purge Objects selected while creating the Purge Request following reports are generated in Preview Report:
DRTMOnboarding2GroupObjectType.csv (Please ignore the EXCLUSION REASON and PROCESS STATUS as this report is only for taking candidates)
Inactive User Purge
Users with details such as National-Id, Position, etc. related information can be removed/edited/reassigned to another user/position from the new hire data page to prevent any issues with the new EC record. Inactive User Purge can be attempted only with an admin account with all required permissions granted. System will throw an error if users with the unique ids have been entered twice and will prevent the onboarding of that user. To avoid such conflicts we can purge the data of the existing record in the system. This action is performed using Inactive User Purge
- Choose a user (preferably admin) who has all the permissions required to trigger and approve the inactive user purge
- Please follow this KBA to ensure that the user also has LMS related permissions : 2179378 - Purge Request fails automatically - SAP ONE Support Launchpad
- Ensure the user also has a valid email-id associated. Most admin users do not have a email-address present. If not, add contact information in the Employee Profile and trigger the HRIS-Sync Job
- Ensure the onboarding process of the user for whom the purge is attempted is in cancelled state. Make sure to change the status of the candidate from 'e' to 'd'. Please refer- 3141240 - [Onboarding ] Update the external candidate status from e to d
- Create a Purge Request by following the below steps-
- Move to Data Retention Management in Admin Center and select Create New Purge Request
- Create a new purge request and select “Purge Inactive User” from the drop down. Select “Upload a list of users (by User ID or Assignment ID)”
- Download the sample example file. Add an entry for the user-id to be purged
- Upload the sample file to the purge request
- Unselect all the checkboxes under the section “Exclude users that meet the following criteria”
- Add an approver and launch the purge request
- Access Purge Request Monitor to approve the purge
- The purge result can be viewed under Approved Requests tab
- View the number of successful records purged. Download the report to view the records that have been purged. Sample Report:
1. Report is coming as Completed with Empty report ?
None of the candidate selected met the search criteria .Can happen if provided candidate doesn’t have ONB2Process object created or if created it is in OPEN or Not Started status
2. Report is coming but only one report appearing?
Either Data Retention config for any purge object is not defined or none of the candidate selected satisfy the purge criteria. Can happen if Process status is ‘OPEN’ in ONB2Process or for that country config is not defined
3. Particular country not appearing in dropdown for configuration or purge request type?
For that country DRM flag wouldn’t have been enabled. To enable got to Admin Center -> Manage Data -> Country -> select country and enable DRM flag
4. The purge report shows Exclusion reason is "For technical reasons, the process status is set to EXCLUDED. For exact information, refer to the individual purge object report".
Data Retention config for any purge object is not defined or none of the candidate selected satisfy the purge criteria. Can happen if Process status is ‘OPEN’ in ONB2Process or for that country config is not defined
5. Inactive User Purge request fails automatically in Purge Request Monitor
There could be two causes for this issue-
- User submitting purge does not have LMS admin permissions
- Learning Management is enabled from Provisioning > Company Settings but no LMS URL is configured (misconfiguration)
Refer the below PLT KBA for resolution or the customer is not able to follow the same, kindly move the ticket to Platform Team for permission review-
6. Inactive User Purge failed with report stating Exclusion reason as candidate is active in the system
Purge Request for the candidate using Inactive user purge fails due to the status of the candidate not changed to 'd' but remains 'e'. To perform Inactive User Purge candidate's process should be cancelled and it's status should be 'd' post cancellation. To change the status from 'e' to 'd' please refer this KBA.
- 3038172 - [Onboarding]DRTM Onboarding Purge
- 3023687 - How to perform Inactive User Purge - Onboarding
- 3141240 - [Onboarding ] Update the external candidate status from e to d
- 2179378 - Purge Request fails automatically - SAP ONE Support Launchpad
- 2900087 - [Onboarding ]Not able to see Onboarding DRTM inactive candidate purge - Onboarding
Implementation Guide Link:
DRTM Onboarding data purge, Inactive user purge, data retention management , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-OCL , Onboardee Creation and Lifecylce , Problem