Custom MDR jobs getting cancelled with errors stating 'Cancelled manually or by the system'
SAP Cloud for Customer
SAP Business ByDesign
SAP Cloud Application Studio
Reproducing the Issue
- In your cloud solution, open background jobs and filter by failed jobs.
- Open jobs with status 'Cancelled manually or by the system'
- Search for erros in such as 'Error called FPP service CLOSE; Action failed' or 'Execution of CLOSE action of BO ApplicationLog failed'
- This indicates there is a highloiad of the Applicaiton Log BO due a large number of warnings for example
A setting in custom MDR configurations in your Cloud Studio may be allowing warning messages to be shown. If these exceed many thousands the Application Log BO can become overwhelmed and cause background jobs to fail.
- Adjust seetings of the related .RUN file in your Cloud Application Studio
- open XXXXXX.run -> Control Parameters tab -> Detail Level
- Select Errors rather than 'All details' or 'Errors and Warnings' - as per screen shot below
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
Application BO; MDR; background jobs; Failed MDR; AP-RC-APL; , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-MDR , ByDesign Studio Mass Data Run , Problem
SAP Cloud for Customer core applications 2202