Predictive Models/Scenarios cannot be exported or imported in SAC
- SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) 2022.Q1
Below contents can be transported as explained in help guide:
You can export the following:
External connections, including Import Data Connections, Live Data Connections, and Smart Data Integration (SDI) connections
Allocation steps and processes
Legacy value driver trees
Public files including folders, stories, models, and Digital Boardroom presentations
For translated stories, the multilingual content is included in your export. For details, see Learn About the Translation Process.
The reason why Predictive Models is not included in transport feature is:
- The predictive models are not just the settings, it's trained models, brief information, or hundreds of MB when large segmented models are involved when training segmented time series model. And if your test and prod data are not exactly identical, the predictive model you have moved reflects the truth of the test tenant but it wrong for the prod tenant.
- Stories and Planning Model are authoring heavy. The user can spend hours just entering the hundreds of settings of these object, cannot afford to recreate such object from scratch. So the export/import feature is needed.
- The predictive models are not authoring heavy: there are like 5 settings to be entered for a model and that takes probably 3 minutes in the worst case.
Comparing to export and then import, it take less effort to create a predictive model from scratch than using the export UI.
- What about the Predictive Model debrief? It just takes an additional click on “train” to generate the debrief again and be able to apply the model. There is no point importing something that can be regenerated in one click.
- Finally, if TEST and PROD data are not exactly identical, the predictive model you have moved reflects the truth of the test tenant but it wrong for the prod tenant.
So currently it is not included in transport feature.
Same as reason in Cause mentioned above, the Predictive Models/Scenarios cannot be exported or imported in SAC.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
transport content, Smart Predict, transfer, migrate, design, apply, training , KBA , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Problem
SAP Analytics Cloud 1.0