We are following instructions to enable “Listen to Recruiting Updates for Start Date and Hiring Manager” as described in Enhanced Onboarding Restart Process. However, upon changing the start date in Recruiting, the change does not reflect in Onboarding
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- Initiate Onboarding for any candidate from Recruiting
- Change the start-date/Manager-Id in Recruiting
- Check if the change is reflecting in Onboarding Process for the candidate
- Restart Action is needed after the change of start-date/manager-id
- If the candidates start date is changed in Offer Letter, in order to ensure that the start date is updated successfully for onboarding process as well, restart action is necessary.
Though its not mandatory to enable the Retain Onboarding Information switch in Onboarding General Settings. But its recommendation from our side that once we are in onboarding process, unless its very much needed, we should not fetch data from RCM again.
Fox example : Start-Date / Manager-id should be updated either via NHDR / New Hire Data / MPH step and then restarting the Onboarding process will update the candidates ONB2Process. Ideally system should be forward looking and not backward looking.
If Retain Onboarding Information is enabled.
It retains EC data as it is. So whatever data updates Hiring manager/candidate performs via NHDR/PDC/New Hire Data/MPH steps would remain intact after Manual Onboarding Restart from Dashboard. It would just refresh Onboarding Process Objects / documents etc based on the latest data present in EC tables.
Allow Recruiting Updates, Retain Onboarding Information , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-RCM , Integration RCM , Bug Filed