- Unable to create a support user in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
- The button: "Create Support User" is missing.
- When going to create a Support User in SAP Analytics Cloud, the "Create Support User" button is no longer present.
- How can SAP access customer systems with a support user using the new process?
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into SAP Analytics Cloud.
- In the upper right corner, click the question mark icon. ( ? )
- Notice the button "Create Support User" is missing.
- The support user creation method has changed, see the following blog for more information:
- Customers no longer need to click the "Create Support User" button to create a support user.
- Previously created SAP support users created via the "Create Support User" button will continue to work until deleted.
- This change allows SAP to request the creation of a support user to access your system if an SAP Analytics Cloud administrator has allowed this access in the system configuration page (option: Allow SAP support user creation).
- Please follow the steps below to enable this option:
- Go to the System > Administration > System Configuration page.
- Click the pencil (edit) icon.
- Search for “SAP Support”.
- Turn on Allow SAP support user creation.
- Specify the Default SAP support user role.
- Click save.
Giving access and roles to the support user:
- If SAP Support User creation is enabled, the default role (privilege) level is defined in the system configuration page, under the Default SAP support user role setting (The default setting is the BI Content Viewer: Read Privileges).
- Depending on the case, the support user account may need different roles other than the default role.
- SAP Support will use the Request Roles feature to ask for the required roles.
- An administrator can approve these requests by going to the Security > Requests area.
- Once the support user is created by SAP, please provide access to any objects (connections, stories, models, applications, etc.) required for SAP to reproduce the problem or issue by sharing the object and adding the support user to any teams and/or roles needed for SAP to reproduce the problem.
Further notes on the support user:
- Please do not try to manually add a support user to your system as this user creation process is handled by SAP.
- Like the previous functionality, the support user does not consume a user license.
- An administrator can delete the support user(s) when the issue is resolved, or the user will be deleted automatically from the system after 30 days of inactivity.
- An SAP support case is needed before SAP can assist you. Please create an case with the correct SAC component (feature or function) listed in the Get More Help and SAP Support online help page.
- The support user account provides access to the system for SAP while working on the case and expires (user gets deleted) after 30 days of inactivity.
- Support users have the following format: User ID: SAP_SUPPORT_ACCESS# (i.e. SAP_SUPPORT_ACCESS1), e-mail: noreply+ACCESSfirstname.lastname@example.org. (i.e. noreply+ACCESS1@sap.com).
- 3069559 - Support User Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) & SAP Digital Boardroom
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an case for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped, sap analyst cloud, https://hcs.cloud.sap, https://hanacloudservices.cloud.sap, https://cloudanalytics.accounts.ondemand.com, https://hanacloudservices-us.accounts.ondemand.com, https://www.sap.com, https://help.sap.com, predictive analytics (analysis), data analysis (analytics) tools, analytics tools, sap analytics cloud, data literacy, advanced analytics, data democratization, analytics software, real time analytics, self service analytics, advanced data analytics, analytics as a service, analytics cloud / cloud analytics, saas analytics, cloud bi, enterprise planning, cloud data analytics, cloud based analytics, analytics cloud platform, modern analytics, real time analysis, cloud analytics solution(s), what is sap analytics cloud, cloud analytics tools, analytics in the cloud, cloud analytics software, email mail no email, CAM, , KBA , "sac support user" , sac cam sso , sac "support user" flag kba , support user sac , unable to create support user in sac pro , unable to create support user , support user creation sac , support user now it is not appearing as , support user frequently asked questions , " support user" toggle sac kba , " support user" changes sac kba , allow support user kba sac , create support user , create support user in sac production , cam , access orca support user mailbox , it is not appearing as a button , frequently asked questions (faqs) , xx-ser-oc-rc , provide sac support user access , LOD-ANA-XUS , User assistance, performance statistics , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem