Upon creating classes via the Class Connector, Start and End time displayed on the UI are not matching the ones provided in the input file, even when your admin is checking them in the same time zone which was used in the connector input file.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an input file for the Class Connector to schedule a class
- Add the following example values to the input file:
- START TIME: Nov-01-2022 1:30:00 PM
- END TIME: Nov-01-2022 5:00:00 PM
- Place the file on the SFTP and let the connector consume it
- Search for the newly created class
- Notice that the following Start and End time are displayed on the UI (AM instead of PM, as it was given in the input file):
- START TIME: Nov-01-2022 1:30:00 AM
- END TIME: Nov-01-2022 5:00:00 AM
This is expected, as the time format of the START_TME and END_TME fields were not respected when the input file was created.
The Class Connector is expecting the Start and End time input values in 24 hour time format and not in 12 hour time format (AM/PM).
Which means AM/PM in your input file is ignored by the connector and the provided time is read by the connector in 24 hour format instead:
So from this:
- 1:30:00 PM - 5:00:00 PM
Only this part is read by the Class Connector:
- 1:30:00 - 5:00:00
Which in a 24 hour time format is in the dawn (1:30 AM - 5:00 AM) and not in the afternoon.
If you would like to create a class with a Start and End time of 1:30:00 PM - 5:00:00 PM via Class Connector, you will need to pass the time values in the input file in 24 hour format instead of 12 hour format (AM/PM) according to the following:
- 13:30:00 - 17:00:00
Class Connector, Connector, Start Time, End Time, Segment, Format , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , How To