The Profit Center ID field is blank for a line item in a Journal Entry created from a Journal Entry Voucher.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Journal Entries view.
- Open Journal Entry ID AAA (AAA means the Journal Entry ID).
- Select Line Item ID BBB (BBB means the Line Item ID).
- Notice that Profit Center ID field is blank, while for Line Item ID CCC there's a Profit Center ID retrieved.
CCC means the Line Item ID.
In the preceding document, which is Journal Entry Voucher DDD (DDD means the Journal Entry Voucher ID) for the respective line item the Changed Profit Center/Segment checkbox has been marked and then the Profit Center ID field has been left blank. When this checkbox is flagged, the automatic derivation of profit center in the resulting journal entry is overridden, and since the Profit Center was left blank, this information (no Profit Center) is retrieved in the resulting journal entry.
System behaves as designed.
journal entry voucher; JEV; changed profit center; JE; journal entry , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To