- The Administrator has setup a new e-mail channel in C4C
- When attempting to verify the e-mail, no verification code is received since the reroute to the technical e-mail address was already set, prior to verifying the e-mail
- The verification code was sent to the Technical e-mail address instead
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Cloud for Sales
- SAP Cloud for Service
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a company e-mail inbox (E-mail account)
- Perform the re-route to the designed technical e-mail address for the corresponding tenant
- Logon to C4C and navigate to > "Administrator" > "Service and Social" > "E-mail Addresses" > "Edit/New"
- Click "Verify E-Mail Address"
Verification code sent to technical e-mail address where customers have no access
- Since customers would not have access to the Technical E-mail Addresses, we recommend performing the redirect/re-route of the newly created e-mail after the verification process is completed.
- Alternatively, customers can also save a local copy of all inbound e-mails on their E-mail Servers and perform the redirect to the technical e-mail address.
- Customers should never use Technical E-mail addresses as E-mail Channels in C4C.
- Enable E-Mail Channels
- VIDEO: Set Up E-Mail Channels
- Set Up Inbound E-Mail Channels
- 2311668 - Technical E-Mail Addresses For E-Mail Channels in Cloud For Customer
- 3060787 - Activating Channel For Technical E-mail Address Not Possible
- 2987738 - Verify E-Mail Address For E-Mail Channels
- 3039505 - E-mail Verification Code not Sent to the Email Address
Gmail, inbox, verification, validating, code, technical e-mail, B2B Support Scenario: cod.b2b.servicerequest@myXXXXXX.mail.crm.ondemand.com B2C Support Scenario: cod.servicerequest@myXXXXXX.mail.crm.ondemand.com Employee Support Scenario: cod.employeesupport@myXXXXXX.mail.crm.ondemand.com , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , LOD-CRM-SC-EML , Email , Problem
SAP Cloud for Customer core applications 2202