- When creating a Profit Center substitution rule the rule appears not to work with the correct predefined conditions.
- When performing the 'Set Substitution/Validation Log' on the rule the message "Field PRCTR is locked and was not overwritten by rule &2 name &3."
- S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Profit Center substitution rule to substitute the Profit Center in a Sales Order.
- When creating the Sales Order an attempting to activate the rule the rule does not work.
- Perform a logging of the rule and the message; "Field PRCTR is locked and was not overwritten by rule &2 name &3." is prompted.
The Market Segment locks fields in scenario’s where they may not be changed.
The field Profit Center is locked and may not be changed in this scenario.
Fields are locked to avoid inconsistent data being created. If the Profit Center was changed in the market segment, it would be inconsistent with other data that already has been stored.
Currently it is not possible to create such a rule as such this type of rule would be considered a feature/functionality request 2963059 - How to Submit Feature Requests for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Product
FINS_GEN_RE017, FINS_GEN_RE 017, Lock, Prft, Center, Centre, CEPC, , KBA , FI-SL-VSR , Validation, Substitution and Rules , Problem
SAP S/4HANA Cloud all versions