When previewing a Crystal Reports report with an embedded BMP or supported Image type parts are missing or formatting is incomplete on Windows 11 PC's.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Report, Developer for Visual Studio
- Windows 11
- Windows 11 does not by default install Windows Paint.
- Crystal Reports requires an Image Server, on Windows 11 there are default setting changes for the application MS Paint which was used as the default ole server for handling bitmap images
- Note: there is no "fix" in the SAP product, the fix is updating the registry keys
Crystal Developers created a CMD file that will add the neccessary Paint registry keys for CR to render the images accordingly
Note: Must be logged in as a local PC Admininstrator or have Administrator rights.
Note: Paint does need to be installed
WARNING: The following involves editing the registry. Using the Microsoft Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Microsoft Registry Editor at your own risk. For more information, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322
- See attached file and read the readme.txt for more info and steps to install on Windows 11 PC ONLY
- Also note after running the CMD file a re-boot is required for the changes to take affect.
Crystal Reports, Cr for VS, OLE Images, BMP Windows 11 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , Problem