Visual studio 2022 is a 64 bit application, which version of Crystal Reports, Developer for Visual Studio is supported?
- Crystal Reports, Developer for Visual Studio
- Visual Studio 2022
- Visual Studio 2010->2019
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Reproducing the Issue
- You would not be able to edit any embedded Crystal Reports using SP 31 or previous version.
- You would not be able to use it in Windows 11
With the release of Visual Studio 2022, which is a 64 bit application, SP 31 (32bit integration into VS) and previous did not fully integrate into this version of VS.
Nor was it supported on Windows 11
In SP 32 which you can get from the WIKI page (soon to be released if not there):
Note: Please read the info for supportability and compatability as well as other resources for you references.
CR for VS SP 32 will now integrate into all versions of Visual Studio.
- To install CR for VS into VS 2022 we now have a separate CrystalReportsForVisualStudio64 installer
- Install by right clicking on the setup.exe and selecting Run As Admininstrator
- It will prompt you if you want the 32 bit runtime installed also if your application platform requires it.
Note: CR for VS runtime is set for your application platform and not the OS platform.
- To install CR for VS for Visual Studio 2010->2019 use the CrystalReportsForVisualStudio, you can but not required to install the 64 bit runtime, if you have more than one version of VS on your Development PC.
- Again install by right clicking on the setup.exe and selecting Run As Admininstrator:
Note: if you have both installed you will see this in Programs and Feature:
Note: if you only have VS 2022 installed you will only see:
CR for VS, VS 2022, Windows 11 , KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , How To