After upgrading the DocuSign authentication to Oauth the recruiter is not able to launch a new offer letter. When selecting online Offer Letter with eSignature the user is prompted with a pop up to activate the account:
"Don’t forget to check your email for a welcome message from DocuSign to activate your account. If you have a problem with your email, contact your DocuSign administrator."
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM) - All versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Upgrade DocuSign authentication method to Oauth.
- Go to Recruiting and start an offer leter for an applicant
- Select the offer email template and click Online Offer with eSignature
- Error Message is displayed
This is a problem with the user launching the offer.
If you receive this error when launching an offer letter, the user is either incorrect or inactive on docusign. Follow these steps to fix the issue:
- Verify if the logged Recruiter has an active account inside DocuSign. In DocuSign Admin console, under User tab, search for User using Recruiter Email address. Assure that the User is present and Active.
Assure that only one Active user is present for the recruiter’s email id. If there is more than one active user for the recruiter’s email id, identify duplicate users which need to be closed. Using the actions button, close those duplicate users.
Also note down user id (it's a alphanumeric string in format of XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX)
- If issue persist, in Admin Center > Manage External User Accounts > export all external accounts. Open the file, filter with external_partner_code = RCM_DocuSign , username= Recruiter User ID and verify if partner_username matches userid noted down in step c). If there is a mismatch with the UserId , then you can clear that by following below steps:
- Go to Admin Center > Manage External User Accounts > export all external accounts and download latest file;
- In the file, filter with external_partner_code = RCM_DocuSign , username= Recruiter User ID;
- Make partner_username in that row as blank. Do not modify any other row;
- Validate updated file;
- Now upload the file. Once file is uploaded, export all external accounts again and verify row from above steps is now removed. Lastly, ask recruiter to continue with generation of e-sign offer letter.
The partner_username used in Recruiting needs to match with the active user in DocuSign. If when performing the validation you see a different number it could be an old information loaded in the system.
Note: After performing the steps, when you validate the information in External User Accounts and the PARTNER_USERNAME is still different from what you have in DocuSign, please review the user email in UDF. The integration will use the user email to retrieve DocuSign UserID, if you have the wrong, invalid, or dummy email for the user the system may retrieve the wrong information or not retrieve anything.
If after performing the above steps the user is still required to grant consent, but now they are asked to select an account the problem is related to the DocuSign user.
Case 1: Duplicate user with same password for all accounts:
- If the password for the user account is same as duplicate accounts, the screen displayed beelo is displayed by DocuSign from which user has to choose latest account.
- If the user does not select the most recent account, the next time when user select “online offer with eSignature “ the process returns to previous step to accept the consent for the most recent account, as the recruiting system has retrieved the information for the most recent account.
Case 2: Duplicate user with different password each account:
- If the password for the user account is different for each duplicate account, the user has to provide the user name and password of the recent account else the system will prompt to provide the consent until most recent account user name and password is entered by the user.
How to know to identify the most recent account?
Recruiting user has to contact the DocuSign admin to find the latest account of the user from the DocuSign application.
3168403 - Replacement of DocuSign Authentication Method New Oauth Authentication First Half 2022 Release (1H 2022) - Recruiting Management
KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , LOD-SF-RCM-CAO , Candidate Offers, Offer Letters , How To