Usage Analytics reports are not provisioned for all data centers.
- Please note that Usage analytics feature will be deprecated in 2H 2022. The communication has been sent to customer and What's New Viewer updated : Deprecation of Usage Analytics
- Any questions you may have on the subject should be directed to the community forum Usage Analytics Report Deprecation Second Half 2022 - Innovation Alert
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to instance
- Navigate to Usage Analytics
- you might receive an error: An application error occurred
The existing usability analytics are on an obsolete reporting platform which has presented issues with providing accurate and reliable data.
We have also been notified that this product feature relies on Log4j security. Log4j is an open-source logging library commonly used by apps and services across the internet. Since the reports are on an outdated technology, we are unable to enhance the security or accuracy to support these reports.
As a result of these limiting technology components that cannot be addressed, we have made the decision to deprecate this feature.
- Usage Analytics reports was already deprecated on DC2 , DC8, DC12 and DC19 due to technical limitations that cannot be resolved as feature deprecation in 2H 2022 release;
As of now, Usage Analytics is only supported on below DCs for Production stack (preview is no longer supported):
- Chandler (DC4)
- Sydney (DC10)
- Shanghai (DC15)
- Toronto (DC60)
- Canada Central - Toronto (DC60)
- Dubai (DC22)
- Riyadh (DC23)
- US Azure (DC41)
- Singapore (DC52)
- Canada (DC47)
- Frankfurt (DC55)
Usage Reports Going Forward
Moving forward, we would like to provide our customers with a better admin user experience to support usage analytics. At this time, we need to evaluate and determine our plans for a new technology platform to provide these reports. We feel it is more important to remove the outdated reports and shift our efforts into creating reporting on a more robust and stable platform. We plan to replace the existing Usage Analytics reports with new enhanced data sets of a similar nature for customers to use and make necessary business decisions. The new reports will incorporate many enhancements and improvements requested by various customers. However, we are still working on the roadmap with regards to timelines for the new solution for these data reports.
In the interim, SAP provides details for SAP SuccessFactors module availability, licenses, cloud usage and provisioning feature activation via SAP for me.
Any questions on this topic should be redirected to this Community Innovation Alert
PLC-29458 , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-UA , Usage Analytics , How To