When displaying a running sum in an SAC Chart with Time dimension on the category axis, and “Default Order” specified, the running sum may appear to be in the reverse order from what is expected.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2022.1.10
For SAC charts, when the Default Order is set and Time is on the category axis, a Descending sort with a maximum number of rows is sent to show the most recent time members. Once the Chart receives the result from the back-end, the results are reversed back to the time order seen in the chart. This is expected as part of the Auto Limits feature to ensure that the chart isn't overplotting too many data-points while showing the most recent time members in a time correct order.
However, for a running sum, this results in the latest values being the lowest and the running sum in the query and when the members are reversed it to show the correct time order with the running sum reversed, leading to a sum that is in the opposite direction of what is desired.
- Specify the sort on time as 'Earliest to Latest' in the Chart's Sort Menu. This ensures that Auto Limits will not send a DESC sort on Time since the chart is required to be sorted in a specific way - in this case to generate the desired running sum.
- Consider using a YTD function or accumulator that is sort agnostic.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped, sap analyst cloud, https://hcs.cloud.sap, https://hanacloudservices.cloud.sap, https://cloudanalytics.accounts.ondemand.com, https://hanacloudservices-us.accounts.ondemand.com, https://www.sap.com, https://help.sap.com, predictive analytics (analysis), data analysis (analytics) tools, analytics tools, sap analytics cloud, data literacy, advanced analytics, data democratization, analytics software, real time analytics, self service analytics, advanced data analytics, analytics as a service, analytics cloud / cloud analytics, saas analytics, cloud bi, enterprise planning, cloud data analytics, cloud based analytics, analytics cloud platform, modern analytics, real time analysis, cloud analytics solution(s), what is sap analytics cloud, cloud analytics tools, analytics in the cloud, cloud analytics software , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem