- You want to remove the Assign by Balance setting for financial reporting structure item as the assigned accounts are to only appear on one side of the balance sheet.
- When pressing Assign by Balance an error message appears "Acct has already been assigned to nodes under assets and under liabilities".
- When trying to remove the assigned accounts from the structure node a 500 SAP Internal Server Error occurs.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Access the Fine-Tune activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structure, Account Determination.
- Under Financial Reporting Structures press Edit financial reporting structures.
- Select the balance sheet structure XYZ and press Edit (XYZ represents the structure key).
- In the structure, find structure item ABC: For the structure item and all its assigned accounts the Show only field displays a value, either Debit Balance or Credit Balance (ABC represents the structure item ID/name).
- Select the structure item and press Assign by Balance (you want to remove the setting so that the accounts only appear on one side of the balance sheet).
- An error message appears ""Acct has already been assigned to nodes under assets and under liabilities".
- To remove the assigned accounts press Actions -Assign Account.
- Remove all the assignments and press ok.
- A 500 SAP Internal Error occurs.
It is not possible to reset the Assign By Balance function for a financial structure item by triggering the function again.
Option 1: Delete Structure Item and re-create it:
Delete the structure item (This will also delete the structure item on the other side of the balance sheet) and create it again and assign all the accounts again.
Option 2: Reset the Assign By Balance/ Show Only setting for all structure items via MS Excel export and import:
Only if none of the other structure items or G/L Accounts of the balance sheet use the Assign by balance function and the Show Only collumn shows zero for all of them, you could
- export the structure to Microsoft Excel,
- remove the structure item ABC and its assigned accounts on the balance sheet side where they are not to appear,
- change the exported structures key in the HEADER sheet,
- import the structure again via Import from Microsoft Excel.
This will reset the Assign by Balance and Show Only setting for the structure item ABC as well as for all other structure node.
Option 3: Structure Correction via Backend Modification by Support:
If there are many accounts assigned to the structure node (more than 50) you can send an incident to support to assist with the correction of the structure item (Provide exact requirements and approval for backend changes).
Acct has already been assigned to nodes under assets and under liabilities; Assign By Balance, Show Only, Balance Sheet, assign accounts , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem