When setting different scales for different account measures selected in the measure input control in a specific chart in SAC, the scale of these different measures will all be displayed as the last scale value set for these account measures, regardless of what scales have been set for these measures before
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a bar chart containing Account Measure A, Account Measure B and Account Measure C in a story in SAC
- Add a measure input control for this chart
- Select Account Measure A, Account Measure B and Account Measure C into the measure input control
- In the styling panel, set Thousand Scale for Account Measure A, Million Scale for Account Measure B and Billion Scale for Account Measure C in order
- Observe that when switching among different account measures in the measure input control in this bar chart, the scales of Account Measure A, Account Measure B and Account Measure C will all become Billion
- This is by design behaviour as of SAP Analytics Cloud
- The Scale setting is a single property applied to a specific chart globally
The last scale value set for the measure will override the scale previously set for measures in this specific chart
- Changes of the value in the styling panel are written to story definition
- Settings available in the styling panel are meant for the entire chart instead of any particular measure/dimension bindings
Option 1. Choose "auto-formatted" on the styling panel
Option 2. Modify the underlying model of the story, and set the scaling format for each account measure in this model, then create a chart in the story based on this model without modifying the Scale in the "Styling Panel"
Option 3. Use dual axis chart e.g Combination Column & Line and bind 1 measure to column axis and another to line axis, then they have ability to set different scales for each in the styling panel
- 2487567 - Troubleshooting SAML assertions when configuring SAML SSO in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) - SAP ONE Support Launchpad
- 2824009 - Some users get the error "It seems you profile is not configured for this system" when logging into SAP Analytics Cloud configured with Custom SAML Authentication - SAP ONE Support Launchpad
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped, sap analyst cloud , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES-CHART , SAP Analytics Cloud core charting , Problem