You have an opportunity belonging to a sales unit that is not valid currently. You can copy this opportunity, creating a new one with reference to this sales unit not valid anymore.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the Sales work center.
- Open the Opportunities work center view.
- Open the opportunity ABC (where ABC is an opportunity that has the Sales Unit field referencing a sales unit not valid anymore).
- Go to the Actions button and select Copy.
- You may see a message "Sales Unit DEF must have organizational role GHI" (where DEF is the name of the Sales Unit and GHI is the organizational role of DEF).
- Click in the Save and Open button.
You successfully created an opportunity referencing a not valid sales unit, making you wonder if this is an inconsistency/bug.
The message "Sales Unit DEF must have organizational role GHI" is what hints at the sales unit not be valid anymore. The functions (organizational roles) are time dependent, making possible that the sales unit is valid but it no longer has the needed role valid anymore.
This is the system current standard behavior.
Opportunity ; Copy ; Saved ; Save ; Invalid ; Not Valid ; Not Blocked ; Allowed ; Sales Unit ; Sales Unit must have organization role ; , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , How To