You create VAT return XXX for, say, April YYYY. You notice a Prepayment Amount which you do not expect to be considered until a later period, for example in period December YYYY (XXX represents the VAT return ID; YYYY represents the calendar year).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Tax Management work center go to the VAT Returns view.
- Find VAT return XXX and open it.
- In the General tab you notice an amount in the Prepayment Amount field, derived from tax payment AAA (AAA represents the tax payment ID).
But the payment is not to be considered in the selected reporting period.
The Clearing Due date of tax payment AAA is during the selected reporting period of VAT return XXX, in April YYYY. If a tax payment is to be considered in a specific reporting period then its clearing due date must be in that period, here in December YYYY.
- In the Tax Management work center go to the Tax Payments view.
- Find Tax Payment AAA and open it.
- In the Prepayments section you can see the clearing date. As long as the payment is in status In Preparation this field can be edited.
- In the VAT Returns view cancel VAT return XXX*.
- In the Tax Payments view of the Tax Management work center find tax payment AAA.
- Cancel the tax payment**.
- Create a new tax payment and enter a clearing due date in the month when the payment is to be considered, here in December 2022.
- Execute the VAT Return run again to create a new VAT return.
*You could also create a correction run for the period after re-creating the tax payment.
**If the tax payment was created externally, you need to reverse the connected payment allocation. Then, once the new payment allocation is posted, a new tax payment is created with 'In Preparation' status, where you can then maintain the Clearing Due Date.
Sondervorauszahlung, 1/11, Ausgleichsdatum, Clearing Due Date, tax payment wrong tax return , KBA , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , Problem