After upgrading your SAP system (S/4HANA, BW/4HANA, Suite on SAP HANA, BW on SAP HANA, etc.), you notice that as per 2567914:
- ABAP CDS views that were previously accessible without session variables now require session variables to be set prior to access
- ABAP CDS views that were previously accessible with session variables now require additional session variables to be set prior to being accessed in order to return the expected results
Examples of access means that may return unexpected results or no results without all session variables being set include:
- SQL queries on ABAP CDS views made directly on the SAP HANA database (i.e. SAP HANA Studio, SAP HANA Database Explorer, a 3rd party client using a DB connector, etc.)
- HANA views that use ABAP CDS views as data sources
Note: While this KBA describes the following symptom from the perspective of HANA tooling and modeling, similar symptoms may apply to other platforms working with ABAP CDS views.
- SAP NetWeaver
- SAP HANA, platform edition
CDS, ABAP, ABAP CDS, CDS view, session, session variable, HANA Studio, HANA Database Explorer, calculation view, client, mbvmbew, compatibility view , KBA , HAN-DB , SAP HANA Database , BC-DWB-DIC , ABAP Dictionary , HAN-DB-CDS , SAP HANA Activation of HDBDD-files (CDS Definitions) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.