You are copying a sales quote and you wonder what logic it has for its price components. You may request external pricing in the copied one seeing different results from the source.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Open the Sales Quotes view.
- Open Sales Quote ABC (where ABC is the ID the of the sales quote).
- Go to the Products view and notice the DEF price components information (where DEF are the price components information).
- Go to the Actions button and select the Copy option.
- Fill-in required information and click in the Save and Open.
- Go to the Products view and notice GHI price components information different than DEF (where GHI are the price components information).
- Click in the Request External Pricing button.
You notice GHI remains different than DEF and you wonder why.
When a sales quote is copied, the manually modified price components are copied to the new quote. The automatically determined and not modified price components are not copied but determined on the external pricing request. As the pricing based attributes like product or quantity are copied, usually the same base price will be determined. However, if price master data was changed or pricing based attributes like e. g. the pricing date, a different price may result.
Prices are time dependent. Hence, the determined base price depends on the date used for the access. This is the Pricing Date of the quote. If you create a new quote (either manually or as a follow-up from an opportunity), the Pricing Date is defaulted (according to your business configuration, see below section Resolution). However, if you copy a quote (according to your business configuration, see below section Resolution), the Pricing Date is copied too.
This is the system current standard behavior. This can be configured in business configuration:
- Open the Business Configuration work center.
- Open the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the current implementation project.
- Click in the Open Activity List button.
- Search for business configuration fine-tuning activity 'Opportunities'.
- Open the Maintain Document Types hyperlink.
- In the Pricing Date column select the option that most fits your business needs: (Current) Date, (Current) Date included in copy, Requested Date (Header) or Requested Date (Header) included in copy.
Sales Quote ; Price ; Request External Pricing ; Changed ; Inconsistent ; After ; Copied ; Copy ; Pricing Date ; , KBA , LOD-LE-CQP , Customer Quote Processing , LOD-CRM-PRC , C4C Pricing , How To