The customer is trying to upgrade from IQ 16.0 SP11 PL22 to IQ 16.1 simplex on SPARC Solaris.
They have run tests with both IQ 16.1 SP04 PL12 and IQ 16.1 SP05 PL02. But in upgrade tests, encountered slow performance issue that IQ 16.1 Sp04.X or SP05.x takes much longer connection time.
I have rerun the same test on IQ 16.0 (unfortunately I had a setup problem and was unable to generate the memory dumps). IQ 16.0 still had long connect times sometimes but they were MUCH smaller.
Their live production system is IQ 16.0 SP11 PL22 Sparc. What they do is take an image copy backup and restore it on their testing box.
- For comparison testing they bring the system up as a IQ 16.0 SP11.22 server, run through their 24 hours of testing and collect the comparison data.
- Then shut IQ down, refresh the restore so it back to the original data ,
- upgrade to IQ 16.1, bring the server up again and run through the 24 hour testing again.
Therefore the 16.0 vs 16.1 is done on the same box , same H/W and same resources., same data and same workload.
Since this issue was requested, there were lots of analysis like below and still working on.
- Reduced number of sp_iqdbspace procs being run. This was done , reduced done a minimum of 50 or so in a 24 hour period. no improvement.
- Removed their statistics_user reply which runs the monitoring scripts , including sp_iqdbspace. So stopped it running altogether. In results, no improvement.
- The DumpAllThreads during the problem shows many threads (over 100) trying to COMMIT. Comparrison count of number of commits seen in 16.0 vs 16.1 shows this is about the same.
- Done same tesing with "CORE_Options156=ON", But no difference or improvement.
- SAP IQ16.1 SP05.x & SP04.x
- On SPARC Solaris
slow connection, SPARC, contention, , KBA , BC-SYB-IQ , Sybase IQ , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.