During daily business, you create and change G/L accounts and transport the changes to your production system on a regular basis. However, during certain time frames, for example, when a system is being upgraded, changes are not possible.
At such times, the Copy button is not active in the apps for creating and changing G/L account master data.
The following messages may, for example, be displayed:
Changes not possible. Configuration locked. (Manage G/L Account Master Data app, Manage Chart of Accounts app)
Migrated FSV is read only. (Manage Chart of Accounts app)
For more information about this case, see Migrated FSV Structures in the Manage Chart of Accounts App
You can’t copy accounts. No BCP assignment found for your user. (Manage Operating Chart of Accounts app)
No authorization to create a change request. (Manage Operating Chart of Accounts app)
SAP S/4HANA CLOUD
When a system is being upgraded, changes are not possible. This is the physical Upgrade of the system – not the complete Upgrade phase. You can compare this with your desktop when you get a Windows Upgrade. Only during this time no change possible.
The Upgrade phase has different time intervalls where different things happen (e.g. also the P-System has to be upgraded to the new release at some stage). Here are some the main points what can make your life easier during an upgrade phase:
- Before the Upgrade Phase: Release your BCP Projects (during the upgrade phase no transport reaches P/ is implemented in P)
- Before the Upgrade Phase: Create a new BCP Project (important for GL Account and FSV)
- Before the Upgrade Phase: You are recommended to assign the CB-Users to the BCP (not obligatory as you should be able to do that also in the upgrade phase)
- In the Upgrade Phase: User can change/create GL Accounts
- In the Upgrade Phase: There is a short time period where the system itself is upgraded. During that time no change in Q is possible. Should only last for a few hours.
- In the Upgrade Phase. If there is the need that a change is done to a GL Account which urgently has to find its way into the P-System: Please use the Synchronize App. Take care: Only those changes which are in an open BCP project (transport order) can be sent via the Synchronize App to the P-System. Nothing more. If you have no open transport order => the sync App won’t help you (this is the reason why you are recommended: Before the Upgrade Phase: Create a new BCP Project (important for GL Account and FSV)
- In general for the App “Manage Operational Chart of Accounts”: If the user is not assigned to an open BCP project then he is not able to copy an account. These are technical reason due to the usage of a new RAP-technology. If you assign your user to the BCP project => he can copy also with this App also in the upgrade phase (that’s the reason why: Before the Upgrade Phase: you are recommended to assign the CB-Users to the BCP (not obligatory)
The system works as designed.
- What's New Viewer - SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Notification that G/L Account Master Data Changes Are Not Possible
- Manage G/L Account Master Data: FAQ: I want to create a new G/L Account or change an existing one. Why the button for that on the UI inactive?
- Maintenance Schedule
upgrade, changes not possible, Migrated FSV, Read only, Copy, BCP Assignment, Manage G/L Account Master Data, Manage Chart of Accounts, Manage Operating Chart of Accounts, F0763B, F0731A, F0763A , KBA , FI-FIO-GL-MD , Master Data Apps , How To