When creating a Change Collector Execution for Supplier changes and selecting a date. For example: From 1st July 2022 until 30th September 2022, the execution should run at exactly midnight (12 am), however, the execution has a time delay.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Application and User Management Work Center.
- Go to Change Collector View.
- Create a new execution and set the date.
- Observe the time difference in the execution ID.
Change collector converts the input time to UTC, and this is the time considered for the start of the job.
This is an expected system behavior.
To clarify it with an example:
- User inputs time as 01/07/2022 00:00 CEST.
- Change Collector converts the same to UTC as 30/06/2022 22:00 (CEST 2 hours ahead of UTC).
- It collects changes from 30/06/2022 00:00 (Start of the day).
- When showing on UI, UTC is converted to CEST: 30/06/2022 00:00 CET -> 30/06/2022 02:00 CEST.
- If the logon user time zone is UTC, it will be displayed only as 30/06/2022 00:00 CET.
There are tooltips explanation given on the Change Collector screen.
Change Collector, Delay, Timezone , KBA , SRD-RC-PCD , Change Document ECO/UI , How To