- Null values appearing for some users in Story reports
- Some columns don't display data for the users
- Filters are showing Null values
- Users cannot see the data in Story report
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Take note of the widgets and columns that are not showing the data as expected for the users. Log in the instance with a report admin user, go to Report Center and follow these steps:
- Edit the Story report (e.g. 'SF_COM_Gender_Pay_Gap_Analysis')
- Select the widget (e.g. Table, chart)
- Click on Designer > Builder
- Note the name of the Data Source (e.g. 'Compensation Information')
- Edit the Data Source
- Go to the Create Calculated Column menu
- Under Selected Column tab, find the column that is not showing data for the users e.g. Amount
- Check the Column ID and copy its content
- Paste the Column ID content in a notepad
- Review it to understand which object the field is coming from
In this example the Column ID of the 'Amount' field is ect_comp_schema#payComponentRecurring#PAYCOMPVALUE.
- The first ID (ect_comp_schema) indicates the category of the permission (i.e. Employee Central/Employee Profile)
- The second ID (payComponentRecurring) is the object where the field is configured (Pay Component)
- And the third ID is the actual field (PAYCOMPVALUE)
Therefore, the permission for Amount in this case is available in RBP > Employee Data > Pay Components.
Some other common examples are:
|Column||Column ID||RBP location|
|FTE||Employment#employmentInfo#J_FTE||Employee Central Effective Dated Entities|
|Business Unit||FoundationObjects#BusinessUnit#name||MDF Foundation Objects|
|Location||FoundationObjects#location#name||Manage Foundation Object Types|
|Person ID||person#personInfo#PERSON_ID||Employee Data > Biographical Information|
|User ID||user_information_sac#USER#USERS_SYS_ID||Manage User > Data Access: User|
|Original Start Date||Employment#employmentInfo#ORIGINAL_START_DATE||Employee Data > Employment Details MSS|
Please note that not all fields are available in RBP separated from their objects. The field 'Person ID' above is one example. Hence, we recommend to always review the configuration of the object (e.g. 'personInfo' in Manage Business Configuration) to understand what permission is related to it (e.g. Biographical Information).
Also, for Employee Central data, the users must have permission for the portlets as well (e.g. employmentInfo fields requires permission for 'Job Information Actions' or 'Employment Details MSS').
For non-EC objects (e.g. user_information_sac), the permission can vary (e.g. Data Access). Please refer Permissions Required for Using Story Reports | SAP Help Portal.
Please refer the 'See Also' section for more KBAs about this topic.
Null values appearing users in Story reports People Analytics no data columns field empty missing information filter Users cannot see the data RBP permission , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-SAC , People Analytics (Analytics Cloud for SF) , How To