Outlook Server Side Add-in is missing in the desktop application.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- In Outlook, press on "File".
- Then go to "Options" menu on the left side panel.
- Click "Customize Ribbon"
- Select "All Commands" from the "Choose commands from" dropdown.
- Now scroll to letter "V" and check if "View Context for SAP Cloud for Customer" sits in the list.
- Result: You will notice that the Add-in is missing.
The option "Optional Connected Experiences" is disabled in your Outlook Settings. This option is required as designed Microsoft behavior that is related to all Microsoft add-ins. Since the Sever Side Integration add-in is also a Microsoft Add-in with the core functionality, we are dependent on some limitations that the Microsoft has. Basically, Optional connected experience while turned off does not allow users to work with Office Add-ins or download anything from it.
The resolution would be to enable the "Optional Connected Experiences" in your Outlook. Please follow below steps:
- Open your Outlook and click on the "File" tab.
- Open "Office Account" from the bottom of the page.
- Click on "Manage Settings" under the Account Privacy.
- Enable the option "Optional Connected Experiences" and press Ok.
As a workaround, if you do not want to enable this option, then the Add-in should be deployed to all users by the exchange admin. Check See also section for more details.
Outlook Server Side Integration, Optional Connected Experiences, Desktop, Missing, Add in , KBA , LOD-CRM-GW-SCC , Invisible CRM - Smart Cloud Connect Solution , How To