- Error "Unable to connect to datasource. Click the connection details and user credentials, and then try again" while connecting to S/4HANA import connection by ODATA service
- SAP Analytics Cloud 1.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAC tenant.
- Connections -> + > Select a data source -> Acquire Data -> SAP S/4HANA.
- In New SAP S/4HANA Connection dialog, fill the information. In Authentication type, select Basic Authentication.
- Click Create, observe the error.
SAML SSO authentication is enabled in S/4HANA, while in SAC, acquired database connection can only accept basis authentication without SAML SSO.
Add "&saml2=disable" behind the Data Service URL.
URL example: http(s)://<S/4HANA host>:<port>/?sap-client=xxx&saml2=disabled
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
AUTHENTICATION_ERROR, S/4HANA on prem, S/4HANA OP, import data source , KBA , LOD-ANA-AQU , Import Data Connections (Acquiring Data) , Problem