You are trying to update multiple values in a KUT field via Data Workbench, but the task fails with the following error message: "Invalid code; maintain correct ABC code" (where ABC stands for the name of the KUT field).
You have maintained the multiple values of the multi-valued field within quotes — for example, "Z123,Z456" (where Z123 and Z456 stand for valid values for the field), but the error still raised.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Data Workbench work center.
- Go to Import work center view.
- Select Individual Object, choose Update Operation and then select the required Object.
- Click on Next.
- Upload the file in the Data Workbench.
- Click Next, then click Import.
- Go to the Monitor tab and find the CSV file with errors: Invalid code; maintain correct ABC code.
The support for multi-valued fields in Data Workbench was made available with system version 1811. You have created the Multi-valued fields before this version and must to re-add it in order to be supported by the service.
- Log in to C4C
- Click on Start Adaptation mode
- Go to Customer -> Accounts
- Open any Account
- Click on Add, find the field(e.g., Segment)
- Go to Field Definition
- Navigate to OData Services tab
- Click on Edit
- Click on (-) icon to remove the field from OData service(E.g., customer)
- Save the changes
- Again Navigate to OData Services tab in Edit mode
- Click on (+) icon to add the field to OData service
- Save the changes
Once its added, refresh the OData Metadata, it should have annotation c4c:multi-valued="true", then customer can retry the DWB Update scenario.
Note: Multi-valued codelist feature for OData services is enabled some years back and customer has added the field to OData service prior to that and which needs re-addition of property to fix the metadata.
Data Workbench, Invalid code, maintain correct, code, Multi-Valued Lists, KUT field , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-API , OData API (C4C Only) , How To