- Is there a similar hostname standard for SAP NetWeaver Java systems, like the below SAP Note for SAP NetWeaver ABAP systems?
SAP Note - 611361 Hostnames of SAP ABAP Platform servers
- As per the below KBA, it is needed to use virtual hostname of no more than 13 characters (profile parameter SAPLOCALHOST) and the profile parameter SAPLOCALHOSTFULL can be longer than the 13 character standards. But is this statement true for both SAP NetWeaver ABAP and JAVA stacks?
KBA - 2718300 - Physical and Virtual hostname length limitations
- As it is referenced in the below SAP Note, 'virtual or logical host name' that is linked to Profile parameter SAPLOCALHOST. Is this the same definition with the usage of CNAME in the DNS service?
SAP Note - 962955 - Use of virtual or logical TCP/IP host names
- Operating System independent
- Database independent
- SAP NetWeaver
- SAP Web Application Server for SAP S/4HANA
- ABAP Platform
hostname standard, SAP NetWeaver Java, SAP NetWeaver ABAP, virtual host, SAPLOCALHOST, SAPLOCALHOSTFULL, CNAME, DNS, icm/host_name_full, FQHN, Fully Qualified Hostname, /etc/hosts , KBA , BC-CST , Client/Server Technology , BC-JAS-ADM-ADM , Administration , BC-NET , Network Infrastructure , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.