You are paying an open item manually via 'Other Payment Method' and adding an attachment to the payment. However, when executing the payment, the resulting payment order has no attachment.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Receivables work center.
- Go to Customer Accounts view.
- Open the respective customer account monitor.
- Select an open item to be paid.
- Click Pay Manually By -> Other Payment Method.
- In the screen that opens, fill in the required data.
- Go to the Attachments tab and upload the desired attachment.
- Click to Execute this payment.
- Once payment is executed, open the resulting payment order and/or e.g. Outgoing Bank Transfer.
- Go to the Attachments tab.
You see that the uploaded attachment in step 7 is not available in this Bank Transfer.
This is actually the expected behavior, since the business objects in backend are different. When you create the manual payment via Payment Manually By -> Other Payment Methods and attach a file in the Payment screen that opens, you are creating and attaching a file to the DuePayment business object. Once the payment is executed, the system triggers the creation of the subsequent business objects for payments (PaymentOrder, Payment Register and e.g. BankPaymentOrder).
Since these are different business objects, the attachment folder is not copied over.
If you create the payment via Pay Manually By -> Outgoing Bank Transfer and attach the file in the screen that opens, then you are creating the PaymentOrder and directly attaching the file to it.
Therefore, if you wish to see the attachment in the Outgoing Bank Transfer screen, please create the payment via Pay Manually By -> Outgoing Bank Transfer and attach the file to this business object. If you create and attach via Payment Manually By -> Other Payment Methods, the file remains only attached to the DuePayment object (accessible via Automatic Payments view).
Attachments. Due Payment. Payment Order. , KBA , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To