Importing Background Information refreshes the "Last Modified Date" of all entries.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Manage Business Configuration and find a background element that has the "lastModified" field configured, for example: "Formal Education";
- Go to Import Extended User Information;
- Select Background Information and import the file in Overwrite mode;
- The import completes but in the profile, the Last Modified Date field do not respect the values set in the import file. Instead, were all updated with the import's date;
- In Ad-Hoc, the Last Modified Date was also updated with the import's date but there may be a variation on the time range.
- Try to perform the same import but by incrementally adding data and the same happens. All entries have their last modified date set to the import's date.
This is expected behavior.
The "lastModified" field value is automatically generated by the system when saving the records after import.
If an is performed, the lastModified date will be updated with the import date for all records, even if the records already existed in the system beforehand (in case of importing in overwrite mode). This happens because there is a field in the backend called orderPos that contains the counter value for each record entered in a background portlet. This value is automatically updated by the system if it is not valid. So, when a new record is entered, the system validates and re-orders the orderPos for each record.
As the field is changed by the system for all records, the last modified date is updated with the import's date.
As for the time difference, this is under investigation by Engineering Team. Once there are news this article will be updated.
A workaround for that is to only insert new records via UI, but if you would like to have this feature enhanced to meet specific business requirements, an enhancement request can be submitted by following the instructions listed on KBA 2090228.
2803695 - Creating and Configuring Background Elements Using BCUI
2616330 - Ad-Hoc Report for Last Modified Date