You are trying to release a stock transfer delivery document and you see that the Release button is grayed out.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Outbound Logistics work center.
- Navigate to the Outbound Deliveries view.
- Search for the relevant stock transfer outbound delivery and select it.
- You can see that the Release button is grayed out, even though you have not canceled the document via adjustment confirmation.
Note: You observe this behavior only when the Ship-From and Ship-To locations are in India.
An end user has performed Undo Release on the stock transfer order earlier. Since in India electronic invoicing is available for Stock Transfer Orders the below guidelines are followed to ensure consistency of data.
- You can perform the Undo Release action on an outbound delivery, only if the associated inbound delivery is not released.
- If Undo Release action is executed on an outbound delivery, you cannot re-release it.
If you need to have the document released again, please create an incident and send to SAP. Please make sure to use the component <AP-ODP-OD-GLO> in the incident.
The above is explained in SAP Help document titled Posting of Stock Transfer Order – India
not able to release STO, not able to re-release stock transfer outbound delivery , KBA , hilti sto release error , not able to re-release sto india , india sto release error , india sto undo release error , AP-ODP , Outbound Delivery Processing , Problem