You have created an Inbound Delivery with zero fulfilled quantity against an Inbound Delivery Notification with Serialized Product. When you try to cancel the Inbound Delivery, it is not possible as the Cancel button is inactive.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders view.
- Click the New button to create a New Purchase Order.
- Enter a Product with the Serial Number Profile: Mandatory on all Logistics & Production Processes.
- Enter all other relevant details and click Order.
- Navigate to the Inbound Logistics work center and go to the Purchase Orders view.
- Find and select the Purchase Order ID you just created above.
- Click New Supplier Delivery Notification.
- Go to the Line Items tab and then the Serial Numbers sub-tab and enter the required amount of Serial Numbers.
- Enter all other relevant details and Check Consistency.
- Click Save if the Inbound delivery notification is consistent.
- Now go to the Inbound Delivery Notifications view.
- Find and select the Supplier Delivery Notification you just created above.
- Click the Post Goods Receipt button.
- Enter the Target Logistics Area ID and Confirm the Serial Numbers.
- Undo Confirm of the Serial Numbers and Remove all Serial Numbers so that the Actual Quantity is zero.
- Click Save and Close.
- Go to the Inbound Deliveries view and find the Inbound Delivery you just created.
- You can see the Delivery status is Finished, the Released Status is Released and the Fulfilled Quantity is zero.
- If you perform Undo Release of the Inbound Delivery and you try to Cancel it, the Cancel button is not enabled.
The Cancel button is not enabled, because of the Finished Status of the Delivery.
Further, it is standard behavior to allow an Inbound Delivery with zero quantity. The logic behind this is that having a delivery document with zero fulfilled quantity serves as a record or prove that a delivery was received with zero quantity. If a truck arrived with zero quantity and you just canceled the delivery documents, there would be no record of the truck arriving.
Lastly, there is no difference from an accounting or inventory perspective of having a delivery with zero fulfilled quantity or canceling the whole document flow.
If you still prefer to cancel the Inbound Delivery, you would need to do a dummy adjustment confirmation, adding in 1 ea. Then do another adjustment confirmation to remove the 1ea you just added. This will update the inbound delivery status to not started and fulfilled quantity back to zero. You can then cancel the Inbound Delivery.
Please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Inbound Logistics work center.
- Go to the Inbound Deliveries view.
- Find the relevant Inbound Delivery and Undo Release it.
- Now go to the Monitoring view and select By Warehouse Order.
- Find the corresponding Warehouse Order to the Not Released Inbound Delivery and open it in Edit mode.
- Click the Adjustment Confirmation button.
- Click the Enable Entry button and go to the Serial Numbers sub-tab.
- Enter a valid Serial Number and click Save.
- Click Enable Entry again and remove the Serial Number.
- Click Save.
- If you now open the corresponding Inbound Delivery, you can see that the Delivery status has become Not started and the Cancel button active.
- You can now cancel the Inbound Delivery.
Serial numbers, Inbound Delivery, Zero quantity, Inbound Delivery Notification, supplier Delivery, Supplier Delivery Notification , KBA , AP-IDP-CID , Confirmed Inbound Delivery , AP-IDP-ID , Inbound Delivery , Problem