You are trying to Repost an Open Item from Supplier Account to Employee Account and the error message is shown as Reposting from vendor account to employee account is not allowed.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payables Work center
- Go to Suppliers view and Supplier Accounts Subview
- Show All Suppliers and Find Supplier XYZ(XYZ refers to the Supplier ID)
- Choose view and select the Invoice that you want to repost
- In the New Reposting Screen,select the Supplier as an Employee
You will receive the error message
SAP has introduced this error message as a measure to stop posting between Employee Accounts and Supplier Accounts as there was a possibility that it bypassed in place approval processes.
The reason for this was because it was previously possible for an employee to post a supplier invoice and then repost it to their own employee account and then generate payments to their own bank account.
To have similar behavior as the Repost Open Items, please do the following:
1) In the Employee Account Monitor, create a New Charge to clear the Expense Report (for example, Expense Report of -100,00 PEN, create a new charge of 100,00 PEN).
2) In the Supplier Account Monitor, create a New Credit of the same amount of the cleared Expense Report (for example, - 100,00 PEN). In this New Credit you can enter a reference to the Expense Report in
fields External Reference and Document Description (this description is used for the header text in the journal entry). Please note that this reference will be only for information purposes.
Reposting,Vendor Accounts,Employee Accounts , KBA , reposting , vendor accounts , employee accounts , SRD-FIN-ACP , Payables , Problem